Machine or Plant Operator
Ross Reid are looking for experienced Operators to join our great family based company in Auckland. In this role you will be responsible for managing and operating our machines on earthworks, Land development and Civil infrastructure sites in and around Auckland. No works will be required outside of the Auckland Region. This role will at times involve experience in Erosion and sediment control measures, Experience with shear key earthworks, Bulk earthworks, trenching, Trimming to final surface levels. Experience on operating some or all of our machines such as Motor scrapers, 615, 623, 631, 637, graders, excavators ranging all sizes from 2 tonne to 80 tonne, Dozers ranging from D4 to D10. 730/740 Cat ADT If you think this is you then read on.
Experience and Skill:
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and comply with our drug and alcohol policy.
- Be able to work in any weather condition and exposed to the elements.
- Must be willing to work Saturdays.
- Preferred 2-5 year’s machine/site experience.
- Mechanical acumen
- Ability to work unsupervised with a positive work attitude
- Understands safe work practices pertaining to an earthworks/civils environment
- Makes difficult decisions efficiently and is keen to help other and or learn
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, operations outside of general duties
- Willing to assist with maintenance, clean-up and anything else that requires attention, as directed by the Site Supervisor or Manager
- Can identify potential hazards in and around the work area
Why Join Ross Reid
- Great and market driven rates on experience
- Late model Machines in great condition predominantly Cat equipment which is maintained second to none.
- Our family culture which is inviting and gets away from being just another number.
- Based in Auckland so no travel outside, or no night shifts so at home in evenings for family time
- We appreciate a work life balance is important, as is developing our people to better themselves.
- We promote within ranks and offer career progression.
So if you have what it takes and fit the description above get in touch and do it today. A new challenge could be just what you need to join our great team here at Ross Reid. Be part of a culture that breeds success and a driven approach to life. We look forward to meeting with you. For all enquires please email Careers@rossreid.co.nz