Ross Reid are looking for experienced Estimator to join our great family based company. We are focused on land development projects across Auckland currently with a view to expand into other avenues and infrastructure projects. Ross Reid has over a brilliant strike rate of repeat business because our reputation is second to none. We operate in Auckland so no requirement to work outside of the Auckland region.
Ross Reid will require a full drug screen test on employment as part of our culture to keep our staff safe.
- Assist with and facilitate commercial handover of project between estimating team and construction team including preparation of handover notes and price analysis
- Negotiate subcontract and supplier terms ensure subcontract / supplier agreements are in place prior to work commencing in conjunction with the contracts Manage
- Monitor the implementation of the project Cost and ensuring day to day activities are carried out within the contract budget, and providing assistance to the Project Manager with regard to any variances in scope or cost.
- Monitor metrics and variance analysis tools (i.e. production sheets, load counts, day works, cost data etc.) to ensure all project deliverables are carried out within the allocated budget constraints.
- Prepare and/or assist in preparation of monthly progress claims including support information, forecasting to month end, and prompt pricing of variations to maintain positive cash flow and profitability.
- Act in an administrative support role to the Civil Project Managers who maintain overall responsibility for project cost and delivery. Instigate regular communication with the Project Manager to:
- Ensure the Project Manager is kept aware of tender allowances, methodologies, and potential risks (contract, cost and time)
- Assist with the prompt identification of potential variations
- Determine scope, price, and negotiate variations to improve project margin / cover variation costs.
- Assist with preparation and agreement of extension of time claims, monthly payment claims and final accounts with Project Managers and/or the Contracts Manager.
- Countersigning of project subcontract / supplier invoices for approval for payment, ensuring correct coding, costing and resolution of any cost issues. Ensure subcontract progress payments are monitored by monthly completion of payment certificates.
- Providing timely monthly reports with respect to financial position of each project.
- Provide a support role to the Project Manager in identifying project cost overruns or variances in actual versus projected margin. Assist the Project Manager and Contracts Manager by providing costing options for proposed corrective actions.
- Assist the General Manager in the monitoring of costs for products and services supplied. This may include detailed analysis of particular jobs as a case study to review the pricing process and ensure Ross Reid is not exposed to unfavourable contracts.
- Provide feedback to estimating team with respect to actual versus tender production
- As workload may dictate, assist with the estimating function of the business, including take-offs, pricing, and attributes for tender submissions that create value for Ross Reid:
- Pricing from first principles in accordance with developed productivity rates and internal pricing systems.
- Identification of contractual and project risks during tender process and communicating these to the bid team. Ensure submitted tenders close out identified risks.
- Ensure market coverage for competitive pricing of subcontract and supplier elements
- Ensure tenders are completed in a timely manner to allow peer review and signoff.
- Assist in post tender negotiations through to project award
Why Join Ross Reid
- Great and market driven numeration package.
- Late model vehicles in great condition
- Our family culture which is inviting and gets away from being just another number.
- Based in Auckland so no travel outside, or no night shifts so at home in evenings for family time
- We appreciate a work life balance is important, as is developing our people to better themselves.
- We promote within ranks and offer career progression.
- All our plant is late model predominantly Cat equipment which is maintained second to none.
So if you have what it takes and fit the description above get in touch and do it today. A new challenge could be just what you need to join our great team here at Ross Reid. Be part of a culture that breeds success and a driven approach to life. We look forward to meeting with you. For all enquires please email Careers@rossreid.co.nz